Hard to find horse ready property within commuting distance to DC and Northern Virginia! Home at top of cul-de-sac is a true equestrian property w/ 2 stall barn with tack room and walk-in, water and power, 69′ x 121′ riding arena, 1000 sq ft barn/garage with power for equipment and hay storage, second driveway for RV parking and horse trailers, white vinyl fenced pastures, with room to expand. The home offers a charming floorplan with a large eat-in kitchen with kitchen island, step down family room with gas fireplace, brand new laminate plank flooring, new HVAC 2015, new HWH 2015, Rainsoft Water Softener, Security System w/ 8 cameras, spacious BRs, fully finished LL w/ walkout has 2 more BRs (4 BR perc), media room & rec rm. Outside enjoy the front porch, deck overlooking acres of open, fenced pastures, freshly painted stable & riding arena.
Watch the video
- Options included from builder:
- Brick front
- Full covered front porch
- 6 bedrooms (4 bedroom perk), 4.5 baths
- Luxury master bathroom with soak tub, separate vanities, water closet, separate shower
- Princess Suite
- In-law suite potential in finished lower level
- 42 inch kitchen cabinets
- Eat in kitchen with island
- Double pantries
- Laundry room/Mud room off of garage
- Gas fireplace in sunken family room
- 2 foot home extension to deepen the garage
- Spot lights on all corners
- Lights in eve over deck
- Oversize paved driveway
- Extra outlets, cable drops, phone, ceiling fans
- Recessed lights throughout
- Ceiling fan mounts in all bedrooms
- Large deck
- Top of the line Rain Soft Water treatment system, lifetime warranty
- Q-SEE Home video security system (8 cameras) and monitor
- Above ground tanks redone with new Pete Moss/gravel
- Air conditioner and heat pump system w/UV lights replaced in fall of 2015 (10 year warranty)
- Water heater replaced w/12 year warranty in fall of 2015, Humidifier
- Septic tanks emptied and cleaned in June 2017
- Walkout master bedroom balcony flooring completely redone 2016
- Completed professionally installed Vinyl plank flooring on the entire first floor of home July 2017
- Maintained termite bond and pest control annually
- Small doggy dog leading out to back deck
- Gently rolling lot
- Cul-de-sac location
- Backs to Wooded Common Area
- 30 ft x 34 ft detached garage on footings with power (100 A breaker panel), gravel floor, ready to poor if concrete desired
- Extra Gravel driveway with RV parking area (50 A service) leading to detached and horse area
- Second Well
- ATV trails in back lead to hunting areas
Horse Facility Features
- Excavation of pastures and riding arena
- 2 fenced in pastures with oversized gates (white vinyl, 3 rails) – approx. 1380 ft of fence
- 69 ft x 121 ft riding arena, crushed 6 inch stone dust surface with 6 inch crush and run base
- Stable (12×28), 2 stalls (10×12), walk-in (10×12), tack room (8×12) with power, water and lights
- Additional 1/2 acre at back end of lot, excavated pasture ready for fencing
- 1 miles to schools
- 5 miles to airports
- 10 miles to hospitals
- 3 miles to shopping
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Buyer to verify all information
85 Royal Hills Drive, Fredericksburg, Stafford County, Virginia
Posted in Equestrian Communities, Fredericksburg VA, Marines, Military Buyers, Mountain View High School, Pets, Quantico Homes, Quantico Marine Base, real estate in stafford county, Stafford County Homes, Stafford County Real Estate Market, Subdivisions, University of Mary Washington
National Association of Realtor Home Survey Highlights:
Things are looking brighter in the first quarter of 2017!
“In the first quarter of 2017, 72% of people believe that now is a good time to buy a home. 47% believe that strongly, up from 45% in Q4 2016 and 44% one year ago in Q1 2016.
69% of people believe that now is a good time to sell a home, up from 62% in Q4 2016 and 56% from one year ago in Q1 2016.
60% of people believe that within their communities prices have gone up in the last 12 months, which increased from 55% in Q4 2016 and 50% one year ago in Q1 2016.
This HOME survey is released on a quarterly basis.”
When your friends have convinced you that you can tackle that DIY job instead of calling a professional…..#DIY
I love a well manicured lawn.What intrigues me more, however, are splashes of bold color contrasted against a sea of green foliage. I love walking down a residential street and smell freshly cut grass and admire the creative landscaping ideas of homeowners. But landscaping in Virginia is not always an easy task.
Virginia soil is every gardener’s cross to bare. Heavy, non-draining, clay soil makes even the simplest job seem doomed from the start. Just trying to get a spade through the hard, thick ground is enough to turn most rookie gardeners into nonbelievers!
I found a little secret this past month when looking online for potential Mother’s Day gifts. With five children, I had plenty of options to give them but of course, I didn’t want them spending their hard earned money on frivolous or expensive items. When I came across an advertisement in Aldi’s weekly ad, of all places, I started doing some research. Unbeknownst to me, Japanese maples (Reds and Bloodgoods) do amazingly well in partial shade and even clay soils with some simple tips! BINGO!
But what really got my interest was the price! For only $12.99, I got two adorable 2′ saplings. The picture above is of a grown specimen. They grow about 12″ to 24″ a year and reach a maximum height and width of about 15′ to 20′, according to my research. I can’t wait to see this little sapling reach its full potential and enhance my lawn this fall with brilliant crimson red foliage.
Amazing custom built home on acre w/ fully fenced rear yard! Open floorplan w/ new carpeting LL, cathedral ceilings, new hardwoods, fresh paint, newer appl & granite, LL BR used as home office – could be BR/guest rm w/ full bath. Tons of storage w/ oversized garage, extra deep for shelving & workbench, sep storage rm, walkout LL to patio, playset, gardens, lots of seclusion! 3 BR perc.
- Large custom built 4 bedroom home w/ enormous entry foyer on 1 acre (3 bedroom perc)
- 3 large bedrooms upstairs
- Hardwoods upper level foyer, stairs/hallway, great room & dining room
- Updated sunny kitchen w/ gas range, granite, breakfast bar and eat-in table space
- Large dining room
- Cathedral ceilings in Great Room w/ gas fireplace
- Master bedroom w/ walk-in closet
- Luxury bath, walk-in shower, soak tub, separate vanities & water closet
- Finished walkout lower level w/ rec room, full bath & office/guest room (BR4)
- Lower level new carpeting & Fresh paint throughout
- Water softener
- Alarm system
- New garage doors
- Custom patio
- Premium landscaping on luscious, fenced, private backyard
I’ve been living the rural life for over 20 years in Southeast Stafford. After a busy day maneuvering through Northern Virginia’s new traffic patterns and consequential standstill nightmares, I consider my drive home my respite – replete with deer, heron, turtles, bunnies, turkeys, foxes, bald eagles and much more!
I wasn’t exactly a city girl. I grew up in what was originally a very rural area of Long Island in Suffolk County. From the early 60’s to the early 70’s it had become a sprawling, commuter wasteland with little “country” life around. I longed for that simple life as an adult and the tranquility and stability I remembered as a child – picking apples from my neighbor’s apple tree (and hiding there until my mother found me), gardening, chasing lightning bugs, walking barefoot, and wondering off in the woods to explore.
Moving to South Stafford in Virginia gave me that same sense of peace and quiet. While still very close to the busy suburban shopping that is Central Park and Downtown Fredericksburg, after 20 years it continues to bring me great joy. I can sit out on clear evenings and see countless stars and hear nothing but the sounds of chirping tree frogs and crickets along with the Canada geese and ducks settling in at night in our creek. Or I can sit out on a bright morning and hear the morning doves, see the regal bald eagles, or watch the majestic heron as they sail overhead. Aside from the occasional eastern coyote, snake, opossum, raccoon, and/or skunk, life here is simply sublime! I wouldn’t trade it for anything in the world.
Potomac Creek Estates – The Point
You’ve heard this a million times – probably in the context of how you present yourself to others – people that matter and hold the power to make decisions that could conceivably make or break you. But what is equally important, is to remember that this most definitely applies to the condition of your home when marketing it for sale.
I was showing homes yesterday to my client. We had a short list of possibilities but both had exceptional photos taken by professionals highlighting the best features in the home. We entered both with very high expectations.
The first did not disappoint….although, there was a distinct odor of food that permeated in the air that hit me in the face as I walked in the door. Fortunately, my client was not at all caught off guard by this and went through the tour unfazed. The home was essentially in the exact same condition as in the photos. Beds were made, drawers were closed, classical music swept through the surround sound system, and all in all, it was exquisite.
The second was the polar opposite. As a mother of five grown children, I am possibly the most empathetic tour guide when I enter a home inhabited by young children. I turn the other way and make excuses to my clients when there are toys stuffed under a bed, or a child’s artwork is proudly displayed on the refrigerator, or even when there are age specific accessories decorating a room – think Disney’s Frozen or Big Bird’s life sized stuffed animal in a corner. What I can’t ignore, and more importantly, what my clients can’t ignore are dirty floors, towels left on the floor, cluttered closets, dirty dishes from breakfast (and it’s dinner time) or your dirty laundry piled high in the corner of the laundry room with your undergarments displayed for all the world to see!
While it’s difficult, if not impossible, to keep things in pristine condition while you are showing your home for sale, making the extra effort to keep the home in as organized and clean condition goes a LONG way.
This gorgeous updated home in Vista Woods (Mountain View HS District) is in pristine condition with a killer lot to boot! See the virtual tour and contact me with any questions! It’s an amazing home.