Stafford Hospital Center – Finally, A Hospital of Our Own!
MediCorp Health Systems
Groundbreaking Ceremony – Stafford Video
For those of you relocating to the Stafford County area, you will be pleasantly surprised by the many amenities and features it now provides. A new addition to the many recent improvements is the county’s first hospital, the Stafford Hospital Center located conveniently off Rt 1 at exit 140 within 1 mile of Interstate 95.
The hospital is a long awaited addition to the MediCorp Health Systems’ family of services in the Fredericksburg area which has been providing health care for over 106 years, when Mary Washington Hospital first opened its doors.
An ever increasing population over the last decade had forced MediCorp to improve and expand the facilities at Mary Washington Hospital. However, it was obvious that a new hospital was going to be needed to accommodate the surrounding community north of the City of Fredericksburg.
Up until now, residents of Stafford had no option but to go outside the county for treatment. The surrounding county hospitals are Potomac Hospital in Woodbridge to the north, Prince William Hospital in Manassas to the northwest, Mary Washington Hospital to the south, Fauquier Hospital in Warrenton to the west, and Culpeper Hospital to the southwest.
Stafford Hospital Center will be home to a 100-bed acute care hospital, imaging center and medical office space on a 72 acre parcel of land at the intersection of Courthouse Rd and Route 1. With this new addition, there is expected to be an increase in physicians’ offices with a wide array of specialties.
Initial plans include the following:
Full Service, Acute Care Hospital
- 100 inpatient beds with room to grow
- Medical/surgical units – 84 beds
- Intensive care unit – 6 critical care beds
- Labor and delivery unit – 10 LDRP rooms
- Full service Emergency department
- Surgical suite – 4 operating rooms
- Medical cardiac services
- Neurological testing
- Respiratory therapy
- Physical medicine and rehab
- Imaging-comprehensive services and capabilities
- Pathology with on-site Lab
- Support departments, including security
- Medical Office Building
On Thursday, July 26, 2007, the last steel beam was added to Stafford Hospital Center completing the frame construction. Over the course of the next several months, the following construction is planned:
- The west exterior of the building is currently being framed and the exterior sheathing applied
- The west and north sides of the building will be framed with exterior sheathing applied
- The Hospital will be covered with brick
- The interior walls on the 3rd and 4th floors has started
The Stafford Hospital Center will be giving care and treatment to those in the community regardless of their ability to pay.
Scheduled to Open in 2009
Please continue to check back for updated information.
Irene Morales Ward, Northern Virginia Real Estate